The Geology of Chranara


Chranara Cools

 The planet of Chranara formed approximately 3 billion years ago from a dust cloud in space. As the dust orbited around Santarus gravity began pulling the pieces into a conglomerate until a sphere formed creating a hot molten planet. In the beginning stages of formation of crust volcanoes erupted filling the surface with an ocean of lava. As Chranara cooled, the lava on the surface began to crack. When the lava dried twelve major tectonic plates formed. Slowly water vapor arose from underneath the crust and was released into space creating an atmosphere. The atmosphere formed many cumulonimbus and nimbostratus clouds, which let loose torrential downpours. These downpours drenched the crust, cooling the surface to create oceans and continents.

On Chranara today, 60% of the surface is covered with water and the other 40% is land. The continents are lush with green vegetation and gently flowing hills. The oceans average 22 degrees Celsius with minor variations. Beautiful fluffy clouds adorn the light blue atmosphere providing mild rains and warm, breezy days. Below is a picture taken from the continent of Barbara viewing the Ararab Ocean.

 


The Continents of Chranara

 There are three major continents on Chranara. Going from left to right their names are Suzanne, Christy and Barbara. The highest elevations on Chranara reach up to almost 12,000 feet above sea level. Most of the lands on the continents are between 0-2000 feet. This provides a mild climate throughout most of the world allowing for optimal growing seasons in vast areas.

Suzanne is located in the Northern and Western Hemispheres. The continent of Suzanne has the highest elevation on Mount. Jasmine. Mount. Jasmine's peak escalates quickly to 11,784 feet. From the top of Mount. Jasmine one can see for miles across the continent. The other two mountains on this continent are Mount. Roo and Mount. Sabrina. Mount. Roo and Mount. Sabrina are twin volcanoes. Although Mount. Roo is dormant, Mount. Sabrina is still active and is continually spewing small amounts of ash into the atmosphere. Mount. Roo's peak is snow capped in the cold seasons and is an emerald green in the warm seasons. In the surrounding flat lands many crops are raised, but most of the continent is covered by low rolling hills.

The continent of Christy is located in the Southern and Western Hemispheres. Most of Chranara's food supply comes from this continent due to the enormous amount of farming lands available. The highest elevation on Christy is 5937 feet. The mountain peaks will occasionally receive snow during the cold months, but the continent remains green and brown most of the year.

The last continent is Barbara. Barbara is the second largest producer of food on the planet. Because of the proximity to the equator, the continent temperatures remain within a ten-degree variance throughout the year. With extremely mild conditions, this continent has become a very popular vacation spot. Luscious tropical beaches surround the continent making it an ideal place to live or escape to. The highest elevation on the continent of Barbara reaches to 6641 feet. Even though the elevations reach higher up than those of Christy, the mountaintops remain green because they receive warm sunlight through the year.



Chranara Oceanography

Chranara has four oceans. The names are the Lanari Ocean, the Pantainia Ocean, the Eurava Ocean and the Ararab Ocean. The Lanari is located in the center of all the continents and large islands. The Pantainia is south of the continent of Barbara and east of the island Halestar. The Eurava is the northern most ocean. I t is above the continent of Suzanne and the large island to the east called Marchanda. The largest ocean is the Ararab, which stretches from the western coasts of Suzanne and Christy to the eastern coast of Barbara.

The deepest parts of the oceans reach down two miles below sea level. Because the oceans are shallow compared to earth, the water remains warm and very pleasant. The deepest point known is 11, 698 feet located in the Lanari Ocean at the center. Because the currents flow swiftly through this ocean they have carved out a small, but very deep channel. Each of the continents has oceanic shelves surrounding the land.


 

A Profile of Chranara

These images show a profile of the continent of Suzanne taken from where the white line crosses the land.

The peak on the left is Mount. Jasmine and the peak on the right is Mount Roo. The valley between the mountains is called Willson valley. It was named after a famous explorer who mapped and explored most of the continent. On the far right beyond Mount Roo are the flatlands. Much of the continent's agriculture is raised and produced in this area. The west side of the continent is mostly urbanized with some resort locations.  


Go on to Chapter Three: Meteorology

Return to Table of Contents
Page by: Suzanne Abell