Feven's Geology

The geology of Feven is somewhat similar to Earth. Although formed 7.3 billion years ago, approximately 3 billion years before Earth, Feven has slowly evolved to its current geology that is seen today.

Beginning with the center of Feven, the planet has a very dense, solid iron core. Temperatures at the core are 4500 C. Surrounding the core is a large layer of liquid composed of iron and silver. Temperatures range from 2000 C. to 4500 C. The next layer, mantle, ranges in temperature from 500 C. to 2000 C. and is composed of iron, sodium, oxygen, carbon, hydrogen, and sulfur. The outermost layer, crust, of Feven is composed of oxygen carbon, sulfur, hydrogen, and traces of 35 other elements unknown to the Earth. The temperature on the surface ranges up to 500 C.

Starting from the surface of Feven, the thickness of the crust is between 10 km and 55 km. The mantle reaches a depth of 1000 km, where the mantle meets the liquid core. The liquid core is 2500 km in thickness and the solid core is 1500 km thick reaching a total depth of 5000 km to the center of Feven.

The surface of the planet is 65% covered with water, while the remaining 35% is dedicated to three major continents, Cilicis, Oriens, and Fortis, and five smaller island continents. Two land masses make up the polar regions, which are permanently frozen.

Cilicis Cilicisis located in the tropic zone of the planet in which temperatures range from 20 C. to 35 C. Cilicis has a large desert region on the east side of the continent. A large mountain range, with one active volcano, extends from the south to the north on the west side of the continent. Most of the continent consists of thick vegetation.

Oriens is located in the mid-latitudes in the northern hemisphere. This continent has a varying landscape. OriensWater flows from underground sources from the north to the south. Pockets of moisture collected into caverns and formed cisterns of water. Most of the continent consists of a rocky terrain with only about 25% of the land having vegetation.

Fortis is located in the mid-latitudes in the southern hemisphere. FortisThis continent is the largest of the three major continents. About 50% of the land has a rocky terrain. The remaining land has a very plush vegetation. A distinct feature on Fortis are the two active volcanoes, which mark the northeast and southeast regions on the continent.

Two of the small islands are located in the polar latitudes on Feven. On both islands, land vegetation is covered for all but two months of the ten month year. While the remaining three islands are located in the equatorial regions and are covered with vegetation.

Return to Feven Menu

Next Chapter