In this unit we will put our land
ecologies together. How does your planet look? Once you have
designed an animal you can quickly do variations on it. Look
how many different kinds of animals there are on earth built
on the four legged plan, the bird plan, the fish plan! As your
landscapes come together you may have ideas for little finishing
touches. Check your food pyramids -- they have to work!
It takes years to explore a planet, so I don't expect you to know about
everything that is on yours. There may be some unanswered questions
that you would like the next group of explorers to think about.
If there are, put them in your report!
Your group will work to
- discuss how your animals and plants live together
- sketch out predator and prey relationships
- draw some pictures of your animals and plants together
- add other life forms as desired
- diagram your food pyramids
Homework: Bring to class next session:
- written descriptions of your planet's ecological communities.
- diagrams of the food chains
- pictures of your land animals and plants together.
Photograph from a Corel CD-ROM
: for viewing only, not for downloading. More Information.
1996,1997, 1998, 1999,
2000, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005.
All rights reserved.
This material may be
used by individuals
purposes but not sold.
Please inform the
author if you use it